(d) Superior Court Hours of Operation.
- Trial Hours. Sessions of trial departments, except as otherwise provided for in these rules, shall be from 8:45 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise ordered by the trial judge. Special sessions of any court may be held on Saturday, or at earlier or later times, at the discretion of the trial judge, to hear any and all matters that such judge sets for hearing before him/her and at such hours upon said day as the judge shall fix.
- Superior Court Sessions. There shall be one continuous session of court from January 1 until December 31 of each year.
- Jury Terms. Jury trials, both civil and criminal, shall be set throughout the year.
(k) Motion Day - Local Rules.
- Schedules. A copy of court dockets and hearing days is posted in the Clerk's Office and a copy may be requested from Superior Court Administration. Provided, however, in the event a legal holiday prevents the conduct of a docket or hearing day, the same may, on the order of the presiding judge, be rescheduled and notice thereof posted prominently in the Clerk's Office.
- Hearing Assignment. With the Court's approval, any matter set on a motion docket may be assigned a specific date and time for hearing.
- Presentation of Papers. At the commencement of hearing on each probate final report, the lawyer for the personal representative shall present a proposed order approving final report and decree of distribution. For good cause, the Court may extend the time for presentation of such findings, conclusions, orders and decrees.
- Noted Cases. All materials to be considered on a motion docket, except domestic relations and adoption matters, must be filed in the Clerk's Office not later than 10:00 a.m. at least two (2) court days preceding the docket in question. A copy of any pleading filed less than five (5) working days prior to a scheduled hearing must be provided to the assigned judge or, if no judge is yet assigned, to the Court Administration with a note in the upper right corner of the first page indicating the date, time and type of hearing/calendar docket. If no copy is provided, those pleadings may not be considered, at the discretion of the judge.
[Effective September 1, 1993; amended September 1, 1995; amended September 1, 1996; amended September 1, 2000; amended September 1, 2002; amended September 1, 2003; amended September 1, 2005; amended September 1, 2012; amended September 1, 2015; amended September 1, 2016; amended September 1, 2019]