Dependency Public Defenders

child welfare attorney iconThe State of Washington Office of Public Defense (State OPD) provides court-appointed lawyers for most indigent parents in Juvenile Court Child Welfare matters. This is done through their Parents' Representation Program. The attorneys often work in several different courts, and have offices in several counties. Their contact information information is below.

The Dependency Public Defenders office is not part of Superior Court, and this information is provided merely as a public service.

Parent Representation

Jean Waller

871 11th Ave Suite 1
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (877) 437-1616

Meredith Graff

1508 Broadway St
Vancouver, WA 98663
Phone (360) 694-9947

Ryan Busby/Josh Baldwin

1700 Hudson St
PO Box 1549
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 423-5220

Jamie Foster

1402 Broadway St.
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 501-8078

Roger Priest

211 E McLoughlin Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98663
Phone (360) 281-7314

Gene Graff

1508 Broadway
Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 694-9947

Youth Attorneys

In many cases attorneys are appointed to represent minors in dependency matters. The following lawyers are only assigned to represent children in dependency matters.

Jeff Petersen

1315 14th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 442-4101

Kelly Buschman

1801 1st Ave Suite 1A
Longview, WA 98632
Phone (360) 578-7430

In any particular case, you may be assigned a different lawyer than any of those listed here. If that occurs you will be given the attorney's contact information when you attend Court.
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, you will need to call your attorney’s office and make an appointment.  Tell the receptionist the above court dates and that you must meet with your attorney before those dates.  You needn’t talk to the attorney when you call—merely schedule an appointment with his/her receptionist.  If an answering machine is your only contact when you make this call, please leave your name and number and your attorney will get back to you.


Please provide State OPD with your feedback. Do you have a complaint about your attorney? Do you have praise for your attorney or social worker? How about a suggestion on how the process can work better? They would like to hear from you. Please help us all improve the Dependency system by sending us your comments.

Comment or Praise? Email your comment to
Complaint? Fill out and send us the Complaint Form
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about the process, please contact a Parents Representation Program Manager.

Print Email

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115

KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM