What is my attorney’s role?

  1. To meet with you to explain the dependency process;
  2. To appear in court with you at all hearings;
  3. To explain court-ordered services; and
  4. To ensure that your legal rights are protected.
  5. If you are not receiving referrals for services, or if you are not receiving visitation, your attorney may file a motion with the Court for review of services or visitation.  Your attorney cannot help you with these issues unless you are in regular contact with him/her.
on 02/20/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM