I cannot get along with the social worker. How do I get a different social worker?

Social workers are assigned by DSHS. The Court has no control over which social worker is assigned to your case and cannot order DSHS to assign you a new social worker.

Social workers have heavy case loads and are often in “the field”. Do not expect your call to be returned immediately. However, you should be politely persistent with your social worker. If your social worker is not responding to you at all, contact your attorney.

on 02/20/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM