What does the social worker do?

The social worker has the following duties:

1. To arrange visitation if your child is placed out of your custody;
2. To provide referrals for court-ordered services and to help pay for services, to the extent funding is available;
3. To provide bus passes upon your request, if funding is available;
4. To prepare a report for the Court every 6 months outlining your progress and the plan for the next 6 months;
5. To return your phone calls and answer your letters; and
6. To see you personally when you have set up an appointment.

on 02/20/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM