What can I do to get my child(ren) back more quickly?

It is important for you to act immediately and attend any court hearings. If you qualify, you will be assigned an attorney to work with you on your case. Your attorney can advise you on what options may be available to you and assist you in making decisions on how to approach your case.

It is important to stay in touch with your attorney and your caseworker. Stay in touch with your social worker even if you are angry with him/her for taking your children away. Attend all visitations. Ask questions if you are not clear on what you need to be doing. Focus on what is important – reuniting with your children.

on 02/20/2015
Was this helpful?

Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) feature is an ongoing project. As we receive numerous questions on a particular issue, we try to add an answer to that question, so that you don't need to try and find someone to answer some of the more common questions we hear. It is available to the public 24 hours a day, unlike our staff. We don't expect this section to replace your ability to contact us with questions, nor do we expect that every question will be answered here.

If you are reading a divisional FAQ and want to go to the Full FAQ section, click HERE.

Credit for some of the answers you will find here go to the Northwest Justice Project, volunteer lawyers who have assisted us in adding information we think will be of assistance to you.

TELEPHONE: (360) 577-3085
TTY (800) 883-6388 OR 7115
Superior Court Administration Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
KELSO, WA 98626
Building Hours - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM