Cowlitz county law library
WHO THE LIBRARY SERVES
The Cowlitz County Superior Court Law Library provides access to legal information to members of the Bar and the general public. Cowlitz Couny Jail inmates have access through their own library system which is maintained by Corrections Officers.
The Law Library is located on the 2nd floor of the Cowlitz County Hall of Justice. Users may enter during regular business hours - Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Members of the general public can obtain a visitors pass at the Cowlitz County Superior Court Clerk's office. A valid ID is required to gain entry. Identification is returned when the pass key is returned.
The Law Librarian is available during business hours to assist if there are technical difficulties with the equipment. The Law Librarian is not able to assist in legal research or answer legal questions.
The Law Library no longer offers books or publications.
The Law Library offers a web-connected computer featuring state of the art legal research provided by LexisNexis. This powerful research tool permits a user to input words, phrases, or statutory references to search for cases, materials, and scholarly articles related to a legal issue or the law. A variety of sources and databases can be searched, including, but not limited to:
- Washington State Supreme Court cases
- Washington State Court of Appeals cases
- Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
- Washington State Constitution
- Washington Municipal Codes
- Washington Administrative Code
- Washington Attorney General Opinions
- United State Supreme Court cases
- United States Court of Appeals (all circuits)
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Law Reviews and Journals, e.g. Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal Online
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- United States Code
- Congressional Bill Tracking
- Congressional Full Text of Bills
- Shepard's Citations Service
There is no cost to use this service.