Many of our citizens cannot afford an attorney or simply choose to represent themselves. The Court is intent on providing access to the court for all citizens, and this page will include links to resources that may be of assistance to you.
Criminal litigants who qualify will be appointed an attorney to represent them at their first court appearance if they cannot afford an attorney. In a few limited areas of civil cases the court may appoint an attorney, however the types of cases are very limited.
Some Useful Links:
- Our Local Rules (may over-ride state rules below)
- State Court Rules (Statewide rules of Court)
- Our Local Forms (Mandated local for Cowlitz Superior Court)
- State Court Forms (Statewide forms from the Administrative Office of the Court - AOC)
- Cowliltz-Wahkiakum Legal Aid Program (financial limits apply)
- Northwest Justice (financial limits apply)
- Online Child Support Calculator from Washington Department of Child Support
We will be adding more resources to this page so keep checking back.