The Superior Court for Cowlitz County, Washington is a state trial court of general jurisdiction. We are located in Kelso, Cowlitz County, Washington State.
• Serious criminal matters (felonies)
• Civil cases including cases involving real property
• Domestic relations (family law) matters
• Appeals from lower courts (District and Municipal Courts)
• Appeals from state administrative agencies
• Superior Court also has jurisdiction in adoption, probate and competency cases.
Juvenile Court is a department of Superior Court and hears juvenile offender matters, truancy, at risk youth (BECCA) and child dependency cases. Juvenile Court also operates juvenile detention facility.
There are four full-time elected Judges who hear all matters and numerous Superior Court Commissioners who hears family law, dependency, domestic violence, various civil and juvenile cases.
Our goal is to make this site as informative, interesting and educational as possible. It is a work in progress with content being added and updated regularly. You will find links to our local rules and policies, as well as forms specific to our courts. We will also be providing some of the history of our court and our county.